Video upload issues...

I did a one take video for my upcoming collab "Colours" with Rhythm Rhyme Revolution. I did it around two weeks ago. Unfortunately, I'd sent back my edits but B (the producer) wanted a non-stop unedited take. So, I tried to shoot it again. I filmed a one take 13 minute non-stop video dancing in my heels and lil' green dress right here in my purple lavender studio in the jungle.

And oooh...hot isn't the word! I don't mean me, I'm talking about the room I filmed in, haha! It wasn't easy to maintain the diva 'tude due to "glow" issues and the threat of my 'fro flopping. But, as a consumate professional, I did it. It was a great shoot, or so I'd thought; but, for some reason the final exported version had blotches all over the video! Somehow the screen size didn't tally with the export size. It wouldn't upload at all so I binned it. I tried another shoot again last Sunday. I danced like a fiend. It was a bit problematic due to the floor not being high heel friendly. I have to tell you, overall the jungle isn't very high heel friendly!


Since Sunday day time I have been trying to upload the video and it has either stopped in the middle of upload, or failed entirely. This has happened a gazillion times. It has become a right pain, especially as I know that B wants a copy asap. I'd wanted the copy there asap. I have so much other work to do (vocal recordings, practice voice and guitar, edits, registering new material, website updates and redesigns etc...) but it seems as though I have had to "woman" the pc at all times just to ensure that the upload was happening. Why? Is this a sign of some sort? If so, what is this sign trying to tell me?

So, over the past few days I have spent 92+ hours trying to upload a video using these fabulous online FTP inventions. But the video still won't upload. The sites I have tried using are Dropbox and Ge.tt. I have tried chopping down the MP4 down to smaller sizes (this involved re exporting the files in the video software which took an age). I have had brainwave after brainwave. Nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?

I am a determined lil' cookie. I shall keep trying. After all, I am a multitasking, superwoman extraordinaire, haha!

Well... what else am I supposed to tell myself?

If I don't "believe" it how can I "be" it?

Has anything like this ever delayed your project? Was it also on a tight deadline?

I'd love to hear about your experiences, let me know the outcome.

I'd better get back to the online equivalent of watching paint dry...

Enjoy the rest of your week!

D x

Comments

Popular Posts