Gratitude [Repost]

Gratitude. http://danelleharvey.blogspot.com/2013/03/gratitude.html

I am currently on my niece's bed catching up on some well needed rest. I've been travelling in the US quite a bit over the past few weeks.

If I look out of the window, there is a picturesque winter woodland scene that doesn't even seem real. Trees everywhere with hardly any green, due to the time of year. It is icy cold here in North Carolina, a serious contrast to the heat of Miami. I don't deal with cold weather very well. England is very cold. Maybe I started travelling a lot partly because of the temperatures in my home country.
One week, Miami, the next, NC. In a day or so, I'll move on again.

When I was on the road yesterday, I was over the moon to be realising a dream of visiting the south. When my SIL invited me to go back with them, I accepted as I knew that it would be a wonderful opportunity to experience with an amazing set of people.

When I arrived here yesterday I was taken on a small tour around the beautiful town that still has original buildings and signs dating back to the 18th century. I was shown buildings that used to be cotton mills, a school that was once an all black school and another, all girls' school, and so on. I've never had to live a life with those kinds of barriers in place. Things aren't how they used to be here. The town is progressive, beautiful and peaceful. Looking at it, it is a great indicator that there is always hope. With all the turmoil in this world,  I think it is important for us to recognise how far we have come as human beings.

As I woke up this morning in a house filled with love, I offered my gratitude to the universe. I am thankful that I have had and still have the opportunity to travel the world as much as I do, doing what I love. I am thankful about the new friends I make as I travel and the difference we all make in each others lives. I cherish the good energy that surrounds me and the people I know and adore.
When you have done and seen a lot in life, the little things don't matter. Every day I am thankful to have the most amazing friends, family, fans, support and love.  That is priceless. Many people don't have that. I didn't when I was younger and now I do. This is why I cherish today and try to let go of painful memories from the past.

Today is what counts.

I'll be back on the road in a couple of days. I'm resting and preparing for upcoming shows while I am in this heavenly place. Freezing cold or not, I am blessed and I know it. I will always be grateful to know what good is.

Looking forward to my next adventure. Maybe I'll see you at one of my shows. Thank you for being a part of my life. I appreciate you.
Have a great week!

Danelle x

Comments