Trimness regimes and Adulthood...

My best mate Dani is hilarious! She is a professional dancer (that may explain her radical actions!) who has been bothered about her weight lately. Now it has just occurred to me when I was her age I put on an inexplicable amount of weight too. I was on a break from the music industry at the time and had just got into filming, in my mind I had 'let myself go' but I was just chilling out. It was a reaction against all those years of strict music industry fitness and tip-top condition boot camps so I was happy with having the booty to end all booties for a lil' while. Eventually, I got over that phase - the break was over, the 30's were looming and I decided to get fit and trim again. Dani has just done the same. It’s like history repeating!

So babygirl phoned me up and said that she had got her fiancé to wrap her in cling film from head to toe. She then put on loads of layers of warm clothes and jumped up and down on her mini trampoline for an hour. She had a cold shower after and feels amazing and she said that it has already made a huge difference. So she proposes to do the same thing everyday for a month in her return to trimness!

Do you have any bizarre fitness regimes? Are you aware of any? I would love to hear them. I am in awe of Dani for lasting an hour. I suppose what she has devised is like a compact sauna. I miss my saunas- aaah bliss. I wonder if we can market this thing?! hehe...

Now I am a jogging freak, it is an obsession for me, I won't claim to be an exceptional jogger but I'm not bad either. I have an ambition to run the London and New York Marathons by the time I am 40. The mother of a student of mine has been running the marathon since she was 40. She looks 20, what a babe! She is one of my inspirations. She has two children. One is the same age as JJ and the other is a little younger and she (mum) kicks ass.

I aim to be half as good as her. I haven't got long to start training though. I thought I'd give myself a couple of years of regular long distance running first to break in to it. This means that I have a limited number of years to get onto this. At the rate I'm going, I may have to push the goal to 50 years old!

There goes the doorbell...

Wow, I just had a Tory canvasser buzz the intercom to ask whom I'll be voting for. Now I have been voting for a while but I've never had the opportunity to get canvassed before, I've always been lucky enough to be out of the house when they stop by. I see this as a monumental moment. Does this mean that I'm officially officially an adult now...?

Yikes!

Comments

Popular Posts