Pleased to meet you ATL!

I'm here in bed in Atlanta, typing away, catching up on emails and syncing things to my new phone, sent to me as a gift by my wonderful sil Sharyn. 

I am also jet lagged, tired and wired. 

But who cares? My US east coast tour has officially kicked off. Hurrah!

I am blown away by the hospitality here! I've been looking forward to touring and visiting the south for years, being here is another dream come true for me. I hope to vlog and blog what I get up to as much as possible.

I've just returned from attending an amazing event tonight put together by the AFA in Atlanta. I was asked by the beautiful and talented Chardonee to join her on the microphone to sing "Happy Birthday" to her mother (who is also my host and publicist), Diane Cameron from Cameron Media Creations. I hope I did okay as I was a little worse for wear due to flights across America via Hawaii, Sacramento and Seattle. My dehydrated flight voice was super raspy too, I hope I didn't let anyone down! 

Part of the night's entertainment consisted of a 3 piece, comprising an outstanding drummer from Sierra Leone, a singer and a dancer. They performed a piece about the displacement of a slave. It was so powerful! Everyone at the event was moved. 

I met a load of fabulous people and was even invited to play at a festival here in ATL next month. This all happened within less than 24 hours of arriving! I won't even get into what happened in the lobby. Divine love is certainly at work...
Please keep it coming Atlanta, I could get used to this.

I'm looking forward to my acoustic shows. The dates will be added to my tour calender asap. Please keep an eye out for the updates on my website, my FB page, and of course via my mailing list for the info. You'll find sign-up forms on both web pages.

I'd better log off and get some sleep, otherwise I'll still be in yesterday tomorrow... I have to prepare to leave for Miami in a couple of days, photo shoots, mani/pedi/primps and more. Sooo tired...

Thanks for reading!

Much love

Danelle xx

Comments

Popular Posts