Stole


Dedicated to all survivors and those still finding their way. With love, Danelle 

STOLE


How could you do what you did to me?
I hung on to your every word
I was so young, so incomplete.
That makes what you did so absurd

Tender and frail, I was
Now I'm hard as nails and I mourn for the death inside
Give me back my identity
Give me back the chance to grow
I wanna be the little girl that I once was
What you stole, you'll never know.

How could you do that forbidden thing?
Trust is a word I'll never love
Scars run deep and they'll never heal
Sorry will never be enough

I won't crave your empathy
Sometimes I wanna scream the life out of me

Give me back my identity
Give me back the chance to grow
I wanna be the little girl that I once was
What you stole, we'll never know

I've reclaimed my identity
I've given myself the chance to grow
I am woman filled with dignity
What you stole we'll never know...

Stole by Danelle Harvey.
Written and composed by Danelle Harvey
All Rights Reserved ~ © 2012 Danelle Harvey


Click link to hear the complete song: Listen to STOLE on Soundcloud

Single release date to be announced, join label mailing list for more info:

Danelle's mailing list

Thank you KM for inspiring me and giving me the courage to write and compose this song.

"Stole" taken from Feelings:


Danelle Harvey - Feelings Album Cover Artwork

Comments

Popular Posts