Better Day Single Update! Just the beginning..

Oh wow! So was November 2010 really the last time I blogged here?!

It is now a new decade, 25 January 2011 and SO much has happened since that last blog. The Better Day single preview that had so many plays on YouTube was released 27th December last year and it jumped to the top 12 of the Top 100 downloads within one week! Also, it entered the Global Top 100 chart just over a week ago.

Upon checking the link of said preview just a second ago, the views now stand at: 9902. Not bad hey?!

I'm pleased just because this dance single really kicks off as the first Major Collab project for my label Tygahoney Music and for my newly published works too. I sung it and wrote it, I didn't just feature on it and I'm representing Singers/writers and label owners (especially Indie, especially female) who do it all. Someone actually wrote to me congratulating me on the great job I did singing on Alex's single! (Alex is one of the producers of the track) I wrote the lyrics, the melody, did the vocal arrangement, vocal production, recorded the vocals in my own studio etc... in other words it is my single as well as Alex's. I'm not majorly fussed personally but as song ownership and recognition is an issue that songwriters come up against a lot, I am raising this point to show solidarity to those who get overlooked as music creators. Producers produce, composers compose. We all play a part and need to understand and respect each other. Thankfully I am pleased to have a great relationship with Alex and Guby. Big up to my two fave Italian producers! Saluti!

It has been a long and eventful career for me and it is a shame that I am still being seen as only a 'pretty face' or a 'voice' by some. I know who I am and amongst other things, I am a producer and composer, event organiser, label owner and more, but hey, as long as my songs are credited and I keep speaking up about things that are important to us all in the industry, I have hope that things will change for the better. I want to big up all the hard working females in the music industry who know what I'm talking about right now!

I have fire in my belly, I have done for years and I still feel as though things are only just beginning (again). I am blessed to have such a cool group of professionals with integrity working alongside me, and a cool bunch of supporters looking out for me. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Having entered the GLOBAL top 100 and jumping to Top 100 downloads in a matter of days is a BIG achievement for an Indie Label. It is no mean feat and I am proud.

I deserve to be. As I said, it has been a long road. You have no idea! Maybe one day I'll write a book about it all. You wouldn't believe half of my story if I told you... But that's for another time.

As I always state, it is just me here - me one, blessed with some great friends, fans and acquaintances. I am doing what I love, remaining ethical and true to my art and passion. There are SO many projects going on that I am involved in right now. I am excited just thinking about what is to come. I am mid recording my new as-yet-untitled acoustic album, collab'ing with some incredible musicians mainstream and not so mainstream and composing, partnering up and rehearsing loads, getting ready for touring. There are also projects that I am unable to speak about yet until I get the go-ahead! Oooh - BLIMEY! I'll keep you posted.

So, please bear with me as I try to document things as they come. This Indie-pendent Musician, Singer, Writer, Vocal Producer, Label Owner, Mother, Zen-Survivor, Hippie-Chic Chica is all fired up and 'roaring' to go... Just look at all those labels I have been tagged with! And they don't describe half of what I do...

"So how can I connect with you Danelle", I hear you ask?!
Sign up to my Mailing List for your complimentary MP3 download, exclusive offers and news if you haven't already. Follow me on Twitter @DanelleHarvey if you haven't done so already. I ALWAYS respond to tweets. I keep it real.'Like' my Page add me on MySpace if... yep, you guessed it and finally, do check out my Official Website if you... You get it right?! Don't forget to support INDIES!!! Tell a friend or two, share the links, share the links when you buy downloads or CDs. Things may seem effortless but it is hard work to do what I do on a ZERO budget. People say its impossible. I have proven otherwise. And that is all thanks to YOU!! I appreciate YOU!

View the Better Day Remixes in Tygahoney's YouTube channel: Tygahoney Music's YouTube It has recently been added so please help bump up the views! Comment too! Thanks

Speak soon!

Bless

D xxx

Comments

Popular Posts