Your surroundings reflect YOU. It all starts there... or here?


I believe that Heaven, Hell, all places in between and beyond are here on planet earth.It depends on which perspective you choose to view, live & experience your journey from. It also depends on your peripheral, introspective and heartfelt vision.

Sometimes its easier for us to focus on the worst possible aspects when we could be focusing on the positives. I feel that we all have a part to play as a global community and in our smaller societies, and it would be wise to be careful and not so quick to point fingers of blame and accusation.

Every so often, I venture out, away from my studio for a meeting or event in town. On the days I choose not to have my headphones on so that I can be in my own happy world, I may pick up a Metro or similar newspaper at the station or witness the general mood of folk of whichever part of London I'm in at any given time and it is stunning how 'drudged' many seem to be. I would just love to pick up a paper and read uplifting stories from cover to cover! It would be just lovely to hear some nice stories on the news. It would be heart warming to hear someone being congratulated for an achievement, however small instead of them being seen as a show-off or have them play it down due to not wanting to 'seem' big-headed.

And it would be SO nice to be able to smile at someone just because you are happy, have a gentleman offer to help a lady (or anyone for that matter) who may be struggling with a pushchair or heavy bags up or down the stairs in the middle of his 'manic' busy day. It would be nice to just 'be' without any judgement whatsoever. It would also be nice to be able to be proud to be a happy, positive person without it being jumped on as something abnormal!

Why do some of us make things so difficult for ourselves?

Things are as simple or as complex as we make them.

Wake up and smell the horizon. Then look beyond.

Comments

Popular Posts