STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS by Danelle Harvey

So I just had a coffee on my balcony, slowly waking up while inhaling the gorgeous air on this beautiful sunny day in London. I was thanking the universe for the blessing of life and for enabling me with the tools to experience such an incredible day. I was thanking myself for stopping long enough to smell the flowers and for being in a position to do so.

As I looked around at the greenery, to the plants and the stunning trees in the gardens close by and in the near distance, I noticed that there were at least 5 different types of trees growing near each other, all thriving, all existing side by side yet retaining their individuality. The other thing I noticed was that how naturally their branches spread skyward, upwards and outwards like hands and arms stretching and reaching towards the sky, as that is their nature. There was enough sky for the trees to reach toward, no need for competition; they had their rights’ to be there and were just being. I imagined the roots underneath the surface and tried to decide whether they were intermingling with each other in the ground or simply just finding own their way remaining solid from their base and rising upwards.

Then I started to consider evolution. I studied it last year and it is a subject, which has been on the news a great deal recently due to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution and the Vatican’s findings in line with this. I considered the ‘will of mankind and other species, and felt so great that I am the result of an ancestor of mine's ‘will’ and that their instigated motion enabled future generations to obtain freedom, another ancestor who actually gave freedom and emancipation, and another who travelled overseas for better life and opportunity; because of that initial thought, ‘will’ and consequent actions that led from this, I come to be standing here on the balcony, drinking coffee breathing in air, appreciating life and its prospects.

But I am not standing still, I am spreading my wings, stretching and reaching my branches to the skies and stars. I have aspirations and dreams, a will and a determination to be the best that I can be and to exceed those expectations and aspirations. I feel that if we aren’t aspiring like the trees to improve and to grow our lives and ourselves, then it all seems pointless. I feel that it is my duty to have aspirations and work towards them and that it would be a disservice to all to waste my life not doing so if I haven’t yet reached where I wish to be. I feel that is my right to want and have the best for me.

I feel that the hurdles I have encountered in my life which I have overcome and which I will continue to overcome should any arise are akin to the hurdles met by the human race while evolving and making things better for our existence in this universe. My experience and journey is part of that very theory as it is for each of us. If I don’t overcome then I will not continue just like those species that haven’t evolved over centuries.

There is enough for everyone ‘out there’, I have always believed and acknowledged that. I recently had a heated discussion on gossip mags, tabloids and certain ‘celebrities’ in the news and declared that other people’s misery doesn’t give me a buzz. I refuse to buy and support things that don’t uplift and celebrate good, positive, nice things. My point was that I have a choice as we all do to control what I do and don’t want for myself and this can really impact the future. I am taking control and it would be great if we all did. But I am not here to try to control anyone’s path in life, I just know that I can control mine.

I was told that I was being unrealistic and we can’t control anything. I think that is nonsense.

Buying and reading gossip mags ‘just because they are there’, feasting, gloating and regurgitating, unpleasant occurrences in people’s lives, then moaning about why you don’t have XYZ and ‘Mr and Ms Bloggs’ do shows me clearly why things are currently the way they are. These actions demonstrate to me control of one aspect of life, by asking for it, buy buying it and reading it and breathing it, therefore, one’s life and one’s view of life is affected accordingly. If you are not happy with your life. CHANGE IT! Look at what you are doing and be accountable to you for the outcome. ‘Woman’ or ‘Man up’* (delete which is applicable) people!

Instead of getting at those who are succeeding and achieving their dreams and wanting it for yourself why not just ‘check your self’. We can focus on being the best that we can be, mind our own business, celebrate other’s success and also celebrate our blessings and acknowledge that each personal experience is a stepping stone, and through our own hard work, belief and determination, we can be the best that we can be ‘FOR OUR SELVES.’ The more we do this as individuals, the more progress we make with continuing to shine and being good, amazing, loving and kind first individually, then collectively we can really make amazing impact on the world.

I was recently asked on an interview what advice I'd give to aspiring musicians and as well as what I advised which included improving your musical skills, business knowledge and determination I would like to add that list to life requirements as well as career and in addition: self-improvement, self-love and self-respect; follow your dreams, continue to move towards your goals and the rest will follow.

Anyway I don’t know where that came from but I felt I had to share. Comment by all means if you wish, let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for reading. I’m filled with hope today and sending love to all, have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

Shine on!

D xxx

Comments

Popular Posts