'TRAPPED' PREMIERE, WHAT A NIGHT!

Wow what an amazing night I had last night! I was invited to the film premiere of 'Trapped' a film by the homeless charity 'Shelter' The film starred Patsy Palmer and I was delighted to see that one of her co stars James was an old student of mine! I always knew that he was destined for big things, he was one of my fave lil' students. It was great to see him again. Watch out for him people, he will go so far.

Now I don't normally 'do' premieres and stuff as I am truly over that 'wannabeseen' phase in my career but this was a premiere with a difference. This was Shelter's event and I have time for what they do. The 'boyf' and I were relieved as there was no evidence of 'wankiness' whatsoever, which was so cool, everyone was so down to earth. The DJ set was 'on point' and the TUNES they played? - WOOH!The venue was amazing, an old Eastender music hall. As I am a true 'Eastender' (what, posh, me?!) it was even more meaningful to me. This event had a message about a cause that is close to my heart. I am an emotional person 'tis true and I had to hold back the tears while watching this hard-hitting realistic film. It detailed the plight of a homeless family. The great thing about the film is that this family were non-stereotypical in the sense that she (the mum) wasn't a single mum (no insult to single mums people as I am one), they weren't 'scroungers' and not one of the parents were abusive, seedy or anything like that. This was an intelligent film that strayed away from the norms. They were just hit by a stroke of unfortunate experiences that worsened. Your average 2.4 kid type family who lived on a council estate who loved each other and all that- functional except for their living arrangements. That short film hit hard. The thing is that homelessness can affect anyone council estate or not. HUGEST of kudos to the Director Rowland Jobson, Shelter, Actors and Crew. Amazing. I think I was even welling up in my interview after - think I made a right t** of myself!

A true point was made by the CEO of Shelter Adam Sampson, who stated that this crisis is more real than ever due to the expected recession in the US and the impending loss of homes by many. Homelessness affects TENS OF THOUSAND's of children in the UK alone. I was one of those children once. I feel blessed to be here now having turned things around. I swore that my child would never have to suffer like I did. And she hasn't, she has a roof over her head and though I wouldn't call us rich in the monetary sense, we are rich in the things that matter. More importantly in addition to having fresh food, central heating, clothing, shoes and great education (old habits die hard, I see central heating as a luxury HOW old school am I?!) She has abundant love, amazing values, a great work ethic, a positive mentality and a stable home life. Every child at the very least should have this. This film helped me realise how far we have come.
For Shelter's write up of the event click
HERE

To watch the film and take part in Shelter's interactive version click
HERE

I am going to spread the word about Shelter and the plight of homelessness, they certainly have my backing, I'll do what I can as it is imporatant for me to help if possible and give back. It is a shame that I wasn't aware of them when I was going through my situation but I'm trying my best to spread awareness now and everything happens for a reason right?

Exciting times of change, collectively WE can make HUGE differences!

I have confirmed dates of upcoming shows and my impending tour. I have a Fair Trade Acoustic Tour which kicks off during Fair Trade Fortnight 2008 and an intimate acoustic show Friday 29th February in London's Portobello Road in Oxfam's very own coffee store, Progreso- keeping it real with my Fair Trade awareness. Its great to be participating and celebrating in yet another year of Fair Trade Fortnight to make a difference, I've been supporting since the beginning and its beautiful to see the progress made. Come down and show some support and love, I am aiming to have a couple of my label signings performing there too, and will keep you posted on that. All you fab Londoners who ask about when I'll be performing here will be happy to know that I'll be doing more shows in my beautiful hometown London and the UK this year. I'll be playing somewhere near you soon. Feel free to sign the mailing list for updates, I'm better with emailing fans than Myspacing them which is why my blogs are infrequent.

I have some big news to announce soon regarding sponsorship, the complete promotional tour list and deals that I have just inked. Stay tuned.

If you'd like the chance to get free random giveaways and such from me, do click the link HERE to join my fanclub for…NADA.

To hear four new tracks (the proper fully mixed tracks not the demos on my Myspace page) from my upcoming NEW album and a review for nada, click HERE

To pre-order email TYGAHONEY

As always I will do my best to stay in touch with you and I will be checking in as much as is humanly possible in order to read and respond to your messages.

See you soon on the road.

Thanks for ALL your support, it is always overwhelming knowing that you care about our planet.

Stay positive and beautiful, have a blessed weekend

Danelle xxx

MY MYSPACE PAGE

Comments

Popular Posts